Hello minions and friends! Today here at plantnews.net we interviewed the underground rap God Jak tripper, also known as Jak progresso. Those are just a few of his many aliases. Jak writes and talks about drug use through his songs like 1st graders learning their ABC’s so, we figured why not go straight to the source and ask the man himself about his plant use, and experiences. Enjoy this!
1. Why did you first start experimenting with plants or drugs?
Jak- THE MARIJUANA WAS ALWAYS OK FOR ME AND MY BODY REACTED WELL TO THE SPICE. AS FAR AS HALLUCINOGENICS OR PSYCHOACTIVE PLANTS, I JUST STARTED WHEN THEY WERE AROUND , FORTUNATELY I WAS AROUND A CROWD THAT WAS PRETTY MUCH RELIGIOUS WITH THAT SORT OF STUFF, SO IT WAS INTRODUCED EARLY AND I EXCEPTED IT, I GUESS, I ENJOYED THE EXPERIENCES 89% OF THE TIMES. DON’T REALLY KNOW “WHY” I DID OR DO THEM.
2. With programs like “DARE” for the youth how did this effect your perspective and what made you question the authority they carry?
Jak- I GUESS SINCE BEFORE WE WERE HERE OR WHATEVER SOME TYPE OF CONTROL WAS SET INTO PLACE WHERE WE NEED TO BE LEAD EVERYWHERE TO EVERYTHING, ITS HARD ENOUGH TO DE INGRAIN YOURSELF LET ALONE TRY TO DO WHAT YOU WANT “FREELY” I THINK THOSE PROGRAMS CAN BE OK IF U CAN TAKE SOMETHING FROM THEM TO BETTER YOURSELF BUT I THINK IF YOUR GOING TO PROGRAMS OVER AND OVER AND DON’T “GET IT” YET THEN THEY GOT YOU AND THAT’S WHAT THOSE PROGRAMS ARE BUILT FOR, THE CYCLE.
3. What’s your favorite plant to use and why?
Jak- MARIJUANA 1000%. BUT IF WE ARE TALKING HALLUCINOGENIC THEN ITS NOT A PLANT REALLY , MUSHROOMS, JUST CUZ, I MEAN THERE FUCKING MUSHROOMS, EITHER YOU HATE THEM EVERY TIME AND GET SICK OF THROWING UP ON YOUR OWN CHEST OR YOU LIKE DOING THEM.
4. Have you ever experienced the Syrian Rue? If so how was the experience?
Jak- WOW THAT’S HEAVY, NAH, TOO DEEP, NOT REALLY.
5. Have you ever experienced kratom? If so how was your experience?
6. How do the plants influence your writing style?
Jak- OH MAN, MANY WAYS, MARIJUANA ISN’T THE REASON OR CAUSE FOR MY MUSIC BEING THE WAY IT IS, BUT IT IS. LIKE I DON’T NEED IT TO CREATE BUT CERTAIN STRAINS (SATIVA) FOR ME, HEAD HIGHS AND THINKER WEEDS. THOSE PLANTS ARE VERY NECESSARY FOR PREPARATION OF WRITING FOR ME. OR I’LL LOOK FOR A CERTAIN STRAIN WHEN IM PREPPING FOR A BATTLE OR REHEARSING OR DOING NEW SONG. FROM THE ENERGY IT LETS ME ABSORB ,CLEANER AND FASTER , TO THE MOOD IT LETS ME CHANNEL OR THE ENERGY AROUND ME.
7. How has opening yourself up to the “Left Hand Path” changed your life, and would you go back if you could? (red pill blue pill question)
Jak- THIS IS ONE OF THOSE QUESTIONS I THINK EVERY ANTI CONFORMIST OR REAL RAW TALENT “I CANT DO ANYTHING ELSE BUT DWELL IN MY ART WORLD” PERSON THINKS ABOUT DAILY. AFTER THE PAIN AND THE NEW PAIN TO COME, I WOULDN’T TRADE THE CURSE FOR ANYTHING IN THE WORLD. I’LL DIE IN MADNESS AND OVER THOUGHT.
8. Who are some of your major influences in the information world?
Jak- UNFORTUNATELY I’M QUESTIONING EVERY FUCKING THING I SEE AND WATCH. I THINK I ALWAYS WILL. I BELIEVE IN SOME THEORYS AND HUMAN LEADERS BUT YOU CAN NEVER FULLY TRUST ANYTHING WHEN YOU HAVEN’T SEEN ITS DESIGNS ORIGIN. IF THAT MAKES SENSE.
9. People like Timothy Leary have advocated for the use of LSD, what are your opinions on the “drug”? Do you think government keeps “drugs” like this hidden and under the rug to promote big pharma?
Jak AGAIN, WHO DO YOU REALLY FOLLOW, BECAUSE ANOTHER SIDE OF LEARY IS BEING A SNITCH. A LOT OF THOSE “TUNE IN DROP OUT” DOCTORS GOT CUFFED AND TALKED WHEN THE LAMPS WERE ON, BECAUSE IN THE END THEY WERE JUST SCARED HIPPY BURN OUTS WHOD RATHER PUT A DAISY IN A SHOTGUN BARREL. AND AS FAR AS HIDDEN. THE DRUG THING IS SO BAD ITS IN EVERYTHING YOU CONSUME FROM AIR TO JAMBA JUICE. SORRY.
10. A lot can be learned with the use of plants what are some of the ways plants have helped you obtain information?
Jak- I’VE HAD PSYCHIC EXPERIENCES FROM GOOD MARIJUANA STRAINS. PREMONITIONS AND VISIONS ETC.
Jak- EXACTLY. BUT ALSO A DRUG IS A DRUG THO. PRETTY MUCH, A TREE IS CALLED A TREE. ITS JUST A NAME.
12. If you could live off the grid as a nomad, would you? (elaborate and yes you can bring/use electronics)
Jak- IF WE ARE TALKING OFF U.S SOIL. ID SAY THE ALPS. BUT HERE IN THE STATES? ID SAY THE HIGHEST PEAK IN THE CATSKILL MOUNTAINS, EVEN THO IT GOES WAY WAY WAY MORE NORTH THEN THAT. I KNOW THE TRAILS AND I JUST ALWAYS HAD A NOOK THERE.
13. Your art is clearly done under the influence of some narcotics, what are some of your “special recipe’s to brew up some of your chaotic creations?
Jak-I CANT SAY I WANT TO SAY. BUT ALL MY TINCTURES ARE MIXED WITH CARE.
A big thanks to Jak tripper for doing the interview on his plant use and giving us a little insight on his life style. check out his music and writings here:
Disclaimer: The following is intended exclusively for educational purposes. and based on the interviewee’s own experiences